|Chapter 2||General Powers and Duties of the Department|
|Chapter 3||Regulation of Child Caring Institutions|
|Chapter 4||Regulation of Foster Homes|
|Chapter 5||Regulation of Group Homes|
|Chapter 6||Regulation of Child Placing Agencies|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 31 > Article 27 - Child Services: Regulation of Residential Child Care
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- game operator: means a person who:
Indiana Code 4-33-24-5
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- licensee: means any of the following:
Indiana Code 4-33-24-8
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: means any association, corporation, limited liability company, fiduciary, individual, joint stock company, joint venture, partnership, sole proprietorship, or other private legal entity. See Indiana Code 4-33-24-10
- Property: includes personal and real property. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.