Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 32 > Article 28 > Chapter 14
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- common expenses: means :
Indiana Code 32-28-14-1
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Foreclosure: A legal process in which property that is collateral or security for a loan may be sold to help repay the loan when the loan is in default. Source: OCC
- Grantor: The person who establishes a trust and places property into it.
- homeowners association: means all the owners of real estate in a subdivision acting as an entity in accordance with any:
Indiana Code 32-28-14-2
- Judgment: means all final orders, decrees, and determinations in an action and all orders upon which executions may issue. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Mortgagee: The person to whom property is mortgaged and who has loaned the money.
- Property: includes personal and real property. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- real estate: means a right, a title, or an interest in real property. See Indiana Code 32-28-14-3
- subdivision: means the division of a parcel of land into lots, parcels, tracts, units, or interests in the manner defined and prescribed by a subdivision control ordinance adopted by a legislative body under IC 36-7-4. See Indiana Code 32-28-14-4
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5