Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 35 > Article 43 > Chapter 2 - Burglary and Trespass
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Property: includes personal and real property. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- real property: include lands, tenements, and hereditaments. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5