Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 35 > Article 46 > Chapter 9
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Attorney: includes a counselor or other person authorized to appear and represent a party in an action or special proceeding. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- chemical test: means an analysis of an individual's:
Indiana Code 35-46-9-1
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- intoxicated: means under the influence of:
Indiana Code 35-46-9-2
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- motorboat: means a watercraft (as defined in IC 14-8-2-305) propelled by:
Indiana Code 35-46-9-3
- Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law.