In addition to the grounds for revocation or suspension referred to in section 147.55, a license to practice acupuncture shall be revoked or suspended when the acupuncturist is guilty of any of the following acts or offenses:
1. Failure to provide information as required in section 148E.6 or provision of false information to patients.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 148E.8
2. Acceptance of remuneration for referral of a patient to other health professionals.
3. Offering of or giving of remuneration for the referral of patients, not including paid advertisements or marketing services.
4. Failure to comply with 148E chapter, rules adopted pursuant to 148E chapter, or applicable provisions of chapter 147.
5. Engaging in sexual activity or genital contact with a patient while acting or purporting to act within the scope of practice, whether or not the patient consented to the sexual activity or genital contact.
6. Disclosure of confidential information regarding the patient.