Terms Used In New York Laws > Education > Title 8 > Article 160 - Acupuncture
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- lettuce: means iceberg type lettuce. See N.Y. Agriculture and Markets Law 160-P
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- noxious weeds: means any living stage (including but not limited to, seeds and reproductive parts) of any parasitic or other plant of a kind, or subdivision of a kind, which is of foreign origin, is new to or not widely prevalent in this state, and can directly or indirectly injure crops, other useful plants, livestock, or poultry or other interests of agriculture, including irrigation. See N.Y. Agriculture and Markets Law 161
- nursery: means the grounds and premises, private or public, on or in which nursery stock is propagated, grown or cultivated for the purpose of distribution or selling the same as a business and shall include grounds or premises owned, leased or managed by the state or any agency of the state government, and the owner or operator of such business shall be a "nursery grower"; provided, however, that the term "nursery grower" shall not include persons engaged in the part-time production of plant products not sold in the regular channels of business. See N.Y. Agriculture and Markets Law 161