1. Except as provided in this subsection, each member present at the convention shall be entitled to not more than one vote. A member shall not vote by proxy.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 173.4
- Board: means the Iowa state fair board as provided in section 173. See Iowa Code 173.1A
- Convention: means the convention held each year, to elect members of the state fair board and conduct other business of the board, as provided in section 173. See Iowa Code 173.1A
- district: means any of the six geographic regions established in section 173. See Iowa Code 173.1A
- District director: means a director of the Iowa state fair board who represents a state fair board district. See Iowa Code 173.1A
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. A successor to a district director shall be elected by a majority of convention members from the same state fair board district as the district director, according to rules adopted by the convention. A member who is also a district director shall not be entitled to vote for a successor to a district director.