The state shall be divided into six geographic regions known as state fair board districts. The regions shall include all of the following:
1. The northwest state fair board district which shall contain all of the following counties: Buena Vista, Calhoun, Cherokee, Clay, Dickinson, Emmet, Ida, Lyon, O’Brien, Osceola, Palo Alto, Plymouth, Pocahontas, Sac, Sioux, and Woodbury.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 173.4A
- Board: means the Iowa state fair board as provided in section 173. See Iowa Code 173.1A
- district: means any of the six geographic regions established in section 173. See Iowa Code 173.1A
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. The north central state fair board district which shall contain all of the following counties: Boone, Butler, Cerro Gordo, Floyd, Franklin, Grundy, Hamilton, Hancock, Hardin, Humboldt, Kossuth, Marshall, Mitchell, Story, Tama, Webster, Winnebago, Worth, and Wright.
3. The northeast state fair board district which shall contain all of the following counties: Allamakee, Benton, Black Hawk, Bremer, Buchanan, Chickasaw, Clayton, Delaware, Dubuque, Fayette, Howard, Jackson, Jones, Linn, and Winneshiek.
4. The southwest state fair board district which shall contain the following counties: Adair, Adams, Audubon, Carroll, Cass, Crawford, Fremont, Greene, Guthrie, Harrison, Mills, Monona, Montgomery, Page, Pottawattamie, Shelby, and Taylor.
5. The south central state fair board district which shall contain the following counties: Appanoose, Clarke, Dallas, Decatur, Jasper, Lucas, Madison, Mahaska, Marion, Monroe, Polk, Poweshiek, Ringgold, Union, Warren, and Wayne.
6. The southeast state fair board district which shall contain the following counties: Cedar, Clinton, Davis, Des Moines, Henry, Iowa, Jefferson, Johnson, Keokuk, Lee, Louisa, Muscatine, Scott, Van Buren, Wapello, and Washington.