As used in this chapter:
1. “Department” means the department of human services.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 249.1
- Department: means the department of human services. See Iowa Code 249.1
- Director: means the director of human services. See Iowa Code 249.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
- United States: includes all the states. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. “Director” means the director of human services.
3. “Federal supplemental security income” means cash payments made to individuals by the United States government under Tit. XVI of the Social Security Act as amended by Pub. L. No. 92-603, or any other amendments thereto.
4. “Previous categorical assistance programs” means the aid to the blind program authorized by chapter 241, the aid to the disabled program authorized by chapter 241A and the old-age assistance program authorized by chapter 249, Code 1973.