1. Any person who obtains assistance under this chapter by misrepresentation or by failure with fraudulent intent to bring forth all of the facts required of an applicant for assistance under this chapter, or any person who shall knowingly make false statements concerning an applicant’s eligibility for assistance under this chapter, is guilty of a fraudulent practice.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 249.11
- Department: means the department of human services. See Iowa Code 249.1
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
- State supplementary assistance: means cash payments made to individuals:a. See Iowa Code 249.12. The department of inspections and appeals shall conduct investigations and audits as deemed necessary to ensure compliance with state supplementary assistance programs administered under this chapter. The department of inspections and appeals shall cooperate with the department of human services on the development of procedures relating to such investigations and audits to ensure compliance with federal and state single state agency requirements.