1. Applications for state supplementary assistance shall be made in the form and manner prescribed by the director or the director’s designee, with the approval of the council on human services, pursuant to chapter 17A. Each person who so applies and is found eligible under section 249.3 shall, so long as the person’s eligibility continues, receive state supplementary assistance on a monthly basis, from funds appropriated to the department for the purpose.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 249.4
- Department: means the department of human services. See Iowa Code 249.1
- Director: means the director of human services. See Iowa Code 249.1
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
- State supplementary assistance: means cash payments made to individuals:a. See Iowa Code 249.12. Any person who applies within fifteen months from the date of implementation of eligibility pursuant to section 249.3, subsection 4, and who would have been eligible under that subsection for any period on or after October 1, 2003, may be granted benefits retroactive to October 1, 2003.