1. In the order for the election pursuant to section 358.28, the board of supervisors shall direct the county commissioner of elections to give notice of the election at least twenty days before the date of election by publication of the notice as provided in section 331.305. The notice shall state the time and place of the election, the hours when the polls will be open, the purpose of the election including a description of the property to be annexed, a brief description of the limits of each voting precinct, and the location of polling places. Proof of publication shall be made in the same manner as provided in section 358.27 and filed with the county auditor.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 358.29
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- property: includes personal and real property. See Iowa Code 4.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. Each registered voter who resides within the sanitary district and each registered voter who resides in the area to be annexed shall have the right to cast a ballot at the election. A registered voter shall not vote in any precinct except the precinct in which the voter resides. The ballots at the election shall be in substantially the following form:
For annexation ?Against annexation ?
3. The results of an election shall be noted on the records of the county auditor. If a majority of the votes cast on the question of annexation favors annexation, the property contained in the area to be annexed shall be included in the sanitary district.
4. An election held pursuant to this section shall be conducted by the county commissioner of elections. All expenses incurred in implementing sections 358.26 through 358.29, including the costs of an election as determined by the county commissioner of elections, shall be paid by the sanitary district.