1. The board of supervisors or city council which had jurisdiction of the proceedings for establishment of the district, together with the board of supervisors of any other county in which any part of the district is located, shall appoint three trustees from among those persons listed in the petition. The trustees shall serve an initial two-year term.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 358C.10
- Board: means the board of trustees of a real estate improvement district. See Iowa Code 358C.1
- District: means a real estate improvement district as created in this chapter. See Iowa Code 358C.1
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
- year: means twelve consecutive months. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. Vacancies in the office of trustee of a district shall be filled by the remaining members of the board for the period until a successor is chosen in the manner prescribed by this section or by section 69.12, whichever is applicable.
3. Successors to trustees shall be elected at a special meeting of the board of trustees called for that purpose. Upon its own motion, the board of trustees may, or upon petition of landowners owning more than fifty percent of the total land in the district, shall, call a special meeting of the residents of the district to elect successors to trustees of the board. Notice of the meeting shall be given at least ten days before the date of the meeting by publication of the notice in a newspaper of general circulation in the district. The notice shall state the date, times, and location of the meeting and that the meeting is called for the purpose of electing one or more trustees to the board.
4. A candidate to fill a vacancy or as a successor trustee shall disclose prior to selection as a trustee whether the person has any financial interest in any business which is or may be a developer or contractor for public improvements within the real estate improvement district and the extent of the person’s land ownership in the district, if any.