1. A district may acquire, construct, reconstruct, install, maintain, and repair any of the public improvements listed in subsection 2.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 358C.4
- District: means a real estate improvement district as created in this chapter. See Iowa Code 358C.1
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- property: includes personal and real property. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Public improvement: includes the principal structures, works, component parts, and accessories of the facilities or systems specified in section 358C. See Iowa Code 358C.1
- Repair: includes materials, labor, acts, operations, and services necessary for the reconstruction, reconstruction by widening, or resurfacing of a public improvement. See Iowa Code 358C.1
2. A public improvement includes the principal structures, works, component parts, and accessories of any of the following:
a. Underground gas, water, heating, sewer, telecommunications, and electrical connections located in streets for private property.
b. Sanitary, storm, and combined sewers.
c. Waterworks, water mains, and extensions.
d. Emergency warning systems.
e. Pedestrian underpasses or overpasses.
f. Drainage conduits, dikes, and levees for flood protection.
g. Public waterways, docks, and wharfs.
h. Public parks, playgrounds, and recreational facilities.
i. Clearing, stripping, grubbing, earthwork, erosion control, lot grading, street grading, paving, graveling, macadamizing, curbing, guttering, and surfacing with oil and gravel or chloride.
j. Street lighting fixtures, connections, and facilities.
k. Sewage pumping stations.
l. Traffic control devices, fixtures, connections, and facilities.
m. Public roads, streets, and alleys.