As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. “Board” means the interior design examining board established pursuant to this chapter.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 544C.1
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. “Bureau” means the professional licensing and regulation bureau of the banking division of the department of commerce.
3. “Interior design” means the design of interior spaces including the preparation of documents relating to space planning, finish materials, furnishings, fixtures, and equipment, and the preparation of documents relating to interior construction that does not affect the mechanical or structural systems of a building. “Interior design” does not include services that constitute the practice of architecture or the practice of professional engineering.
4. “Registered interior designer” means a person registered under this chapter.