1. The board may revoke, suspend, or refuse to issue or renew the registration of any person upon a finding of any of the following:
a. Fraud in obtaining or renewing a certificate of registration.
b. Professional incompetency.
c. Knowingly making misleading, deceptive, untrue, or fraudulent representations in the practice of the registrant’s profession or engaging in unethical conduct or practice harmful or detrimental to the public. Proof of actual injury need not be established.
d. Conviction of a felony related to the profession or occupation of the registrant. A copy of the record of conviction or plea of guilty shall be conclusive evidence of the conviction.
e. Unlawful use of the title of “registered interior designer”.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 544C.9
- Board: means the interior design examining board established pursuant to this chapter. See Iowa Code 544C.1
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Registered interior designer: means a person registered under this chapter. See Iowa Code 544C.1
- Rule: includes "regulation". See Iowa Code 4.1
2. Any person may appeal a finding of the board within thirty days of the date of notification of action. Upon appeal, the board shall schedule a hearing in accordance with chapter 17A.