It shall be unlawful:
1. To encourage any child under eighteen years of age to commit any act of delinquency defined in chapter 232.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 709A.1
- Child: includes child by adoption. See Iowa Code 4.1
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. To knowingly send, cause to be sent, or induce to go, any child under the age of eighteen to any of the following:
a. A brothel or other premises used for the purposes of prostitution, with the intent that the child engage the services of a prostitute.
b. An unlicensed premises where alcoholic liquor, wine, or beer is unlawfully sold or kept for sale.
3. To knowingly encourage, contribute, or in any manner cause such child to violate any law of this state, or any ordinance of any city.
4. To knowingly permit, encourage, or cause such child to be guilty of any vicious or immoral conduct.
5. For a parent willfully to fail to support the parent’s child under eighteen years of age whom the parent has a legal obligation to support.