|§ 257.942||Local ordinances|
|§ 257.942a||Designation of parking spaces for persons with disabilities; ordinance|
|§ 257.942b||Signs or other traffic control devices|
|§ 257.943||Violation as civil infraction; processing violation|
Terms Used In Michigan Laws > Chapter 257 > Act 235 of 1969
- Advice and consent: Under the Constitution, presidential nominations for executive and judicial posts take effect only when confirmed by the Senate, and international treaties become effective only when the Senate approves them by a two-thirds vote.
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Bequest: Property gifted by will.
- Commission: means the commission of natural resources. See Michigan Laws 324.80208
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: means the department of commerce. See Michigan Laws 450.693
- Devise: To gift property by will.
- Division: means the division of minority business enterprise. See Michigan Laws 450.693
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- grantor: may be construed as including every person from or by whom any estate in lands passes in or by any deed. See Michigan Laws 324.30323
- in writing: shall be construed to include printing, engraving, and lithographing; except that if the written signature of a person is required by law, the signature shall be the proper handwriting of the person or, if the person is unable to write, the person's proper mark, which may be, unless otherwise expressly prohibited by law, a clear and classifiable fingerprint of the person made with ink or another substance. See Michigan Laws 324.51502
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Minority business enterprise: means a business enterprise that is owned or controlled solely by 1 or more socially or economically disadvantaged persons. See Michigan Laws 450.693
- month: means a calendar month; the word "year" a calendar year; and the word "year" alone shall be equivalent to the words "year of our Lord". See Michigan Laws 324.30501
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, as well as to individuals. See Michigan Laws 324.30503
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories belonging to the United States; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 324.51501
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Testator: A male person who leaves a will at death.
- Transportation administration collection fund: means the fund created under section 810b. See Michigan Laws 324.80157
- United States: shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 324.51501