Terms Used In Michigan Laws > Chapter 289 > Act 280 of 1996 - Maple Syrup
- Applicable regional transmission organization: means a nonprofit, member-based organization governed by an independent board of directors that serves as the regional transmission organization approved by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission with oversight responsibility for the region that includes the provider's service territory. See Michigan Laws 460.1003
- Board: means the wind energy resource zone board created under section 143. See Michigan Laws 460.1003
- Commission: means the Michigan public service commission. See Michigan Laws 460.1003
- Construction: means any substantial action constituting placement or erection of the foundations or structures supporting a transmission line. See Michigan Laws 460.1141
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, as well as to individuals. See Michigan Laws 8.3l
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Renewable energy: means electricity or steam generated using a renewable energy system. See Michigan Laws 460.1011
- seal: shall be construed to include any of the following:
(a) The impression of the seal on the paper alone. See Michigan Laws 8.3n
state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories belonging to the United States; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o Transmission line: means all structures, equipment, and real property necessary to transfer electricity at system bulk supply voltage of 100 kilovolts or more. See Michigan Laws 460.1013 United States: shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o Wind energy conversion system: means a system that uses 1 or more wind turbines to generate electricity and has a nameplate capacity of 100 kilowatts or more. See Michigan Laws 460.1013 wind zone: means an area designated by the commission under section 147. See Michigan Laws 460.1013