1. The state historical society of Missouri, heretofore organized under the laws of this state, shall be the trustee of this state, and as such shall hold all its present and future collections and property for the state, and shall not mortgage or deed in trust any of its property or sell any of such property except by way of exchange for property of equal value or for reinvestment.
2. There shall continue to be an executive committee of said society, to consist of as many members as is or may be provided in the constitution of said society, and to have the same powers as the present executive committee.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 183.010
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Heretofore: means any time previous to the day when the statute containing it takes effect. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Property: includes real and personal property. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- State: when applied to any of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" includes such district and territories. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.