1. Within thirty days after the order declaring the district organized has become final, the circuit clerk of the county in which the petition was filed shall, give notice by causing publication to be made once a week for two consecutive weeks in a newspaper of general circulation in the county, the last publication of which shall be at least ten days before the day of the meeting required by this section, call a meeting of the owners of real property within the district at a day and hour specified in a public place in the county in which the petition was filed for the purpose of electing a board of five directors, to be composed of owners or representatives of owners of real property in the district.
2. The owners of real property, when assembled, shall organize by the election of a chairman and secretary of the meeting who shall conduct the election. At the election, each acre of real property within the district shall be considered as a voting interest, and each owner of real property shall have one vote in person or by proxy for every acre of real property owned within the district for each director to be elected. A director need not be a legal voter of the district.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 184.830
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- Property: includes real and personal property. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- voter: is used in the laws of this state it shall mean registered voter, or legal voter. See Missouri Laws 1.035
3. Each director shall serve for a term of three years and until his or her successor is duly elected and qualified. Successor directors shall be elected in the same manner as the initial directors at a meeting of the owners of real property called by the board. Each successor director shall serve a three-year term. The remaining directors shall have the authority to elect an interim director to complete any unexpired term of a director caused by resignation or disqualification.
4. Directors shall be at least twenty-one years of age.