1. There is hereby created in the department of economic development an “Executive Director” for the Missouri women’s council. Upon consultation with the council, the director of the department of economic development shall recommend for appointment to the governor, with the advice and consent of the senate, an individual who possesses demonstrated capability in business or industry, especially in business enterprises or employment training, to serve as executive director to work with the council in the implementation of sections 186.005 to 186.019.
2. The executive director shall be responsible for:
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 186.014
- Advice and consent: Under the Constitution, presidential nominations for executive and judicial posts take effect only when confirmed by the Senate, and international treaties become effective only when the Senate approves them by a two-thirds vote.
(1) Implementing programs initiated by the council; and
(2) Performing other duties as defined by the council.