1. “Governmental unit” means any county, municipality or other political subdivision or any department, division, board or other agency of any of the foregoing.
2. “Hospital” means a place devoted primarily to the maintenance and operation of facilities for the diagnosis, treatment or care for not less than twenty-four consecutive hours in any week of three or more nonrelated individuals suffering from illness, disease, injury, deformity or other abnormal physical conditions; or a place devoted primarily to provide for not less than twenty-four consecutive hours in any week medical or nursing care for three or more nonrelated individuals. The term “hospital” does not include convalescent, nursing, shelter or boarding homes as defined in chapter 198.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 197.020
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
3. “Person” means any individual, firm, partnership, corporation, company or association and the legal successors thereof.