1. A person commits the offense of knowingly burning or exploding if he or she knowingly damages property of another by starting a fire or causing an explosion.
2. The offense of knowingly burning or exploding is a class E felony.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 569.055
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- Property: includes real and personal property. See Missouri Laws 1.020