1. A person commits the offense of facilitating the theft of cable television service if he or she knowingly sells, uses, manufactures, rents, or offers for sale, rental, or use any device, plan, or kit designed and intended to obtain cable television without paying all lawful compensation to the operator of such service.
2. The offense of facilitating theft of cable television service is a class D felony.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 570.300
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020
3. Nothing in this section shall be construed to render unlawful or prohibit an individual or other legal entity from owning or operating a video cassette recorder or devices commonly known as a satellite receiving dish for the purpose of receiving and utilizing satellite-relayed television signals for his or her own use.