1. A person commits the offense of bear wrestling if he or she:
(1) Wrestles a bear;
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 578.176
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020
(2) Permits bear wrestling to be done on any premises under his or her charge or control;
(3) Promotes, conducts, or stages bear wrestling;
(4) Advertises bear wrestling;
(5) Collects any admission fee for bear wrestling;
(6) Purchases, sells, or possesses a bear which he or she knows will be used for bear wrestling;
(7) Trains a bear for bear wrestling;
(8) Subjects a bear to surgical alteration for bear wrestling.
2. The offense of bear wrestling is a class A misdemeanor.