45-5-705. Patronizing victim of sexual servitude. (1) A person commits the offense of patronizing a victim of sexual servitude if the person purposely or knowingly gives, agrees to give, or offers to give anything of value so that a person may engage in commercial sexual activity:
Terms Used In Montana Code 45-5-705
- Adult: means a person 18 years of age or older. See Montana Code 45-5-701
- Commercial sexual activity: means sexual activity for which anything of value is given to, promised to, or received by a person. See Montana Code 45-5-701
- Knowingly: means only a knowledge that the facts exist which bring the act or omission within the provisions of this code. See Montana Code 1-1-204
- Person: includes a corporation or other entity as well as a natural person. See Montana Code 1-1-201
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Montana Code 1-1-201
(a) that involves sexual contact that is direct and not through clothing with another person who the person knows or reasonably should have known is a victim of sexual servitude; or
(b) with a child.
(2) (a) Except as provided in subsection (2)(b), a person convicted of the offense of patronizing a victim of sexual servitude shall be imprisoned in the state prison for a term of not more than 15 years, fined an amount not to exceed $50,000, or both.
(b) If the individual patronized was a child, a person convicted of the offense of patronizing a victim of sexual servitude, whether or not the person believed the child was an adult, shall be imprisoned in the state prison for a term of not more than 25 years and fined an amount not to exceed $75,000.