|Chapter 2||Battery and Related Offenses|
|Chapter 3||Kidnapping and Confinement|
|Chapter 3.5||Human and Sexual Trafficking|
|Chapter 4||Sex Crimes|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 35 > Article 42
- Bail: Security given for the release of a criminal defendant or witness from legal custody (usually in the form of money) to secure his/her appearance on the day and time appointed.
- Bailiff: a court officer who enforces the rules of behavior in courtrooms.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- fraud: means but is not limited to a person:
Indiana Code 35-42-3.5-0.5
- Human trafficking: means an offense described in sections 1 through 1. See Indiana Code 35-42-3.5-0.5
- Human trafficking victim: means a person who is the victim of human trafficking. See Indiana Code 35-42-3.5-0.5
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: includes a sole proprietorship, a partnership, a corporation, an association, a fiduciary, and an individual. See Indiana Code 5-2-6.1-6
- Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law.
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- Sexual conduct: has the meaning set forth in IC 35-42-4-4. See Indiana Code 35-42-3.5-0.5
- victim: means an individual who suffers bodily injury or death as a result of a violent crime. See Indiana Code 5-2-6.1-7
- violent crime: means the following:
Indiana Code 5-2-6.1-8