|Part 1||General Provisions||§ 27-31-101 – § 27-31-103|
|Part 2||Procedure||§ 27-31-201 – § 27-31-205|
Terms Used In Montana Code > Title 27 > Chapter 31
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Oath: includes an affirmation or declaration. See Montana Code 1-1-201
- Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Montana Code 1-1-201
- Writing: includes printing. See Montana Code 1-1-203