|§ 228||Failure to pay legal child support obligations|
Terms Used In U.S. Code > Title 18 > Part I > Chapter 11A
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- foreign commerce: as used in this title , includes commerce with a foreign country. See 40 USC 5103
- Indictment: The formal charge issued by a grand jury stating that there is enough evidence that the defendant committed the crime to justify having a trial; it is used primarily for felonies.
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- United States: as used in this title in a territorial sense, includes all places and waters, continental or insular, subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, except the Canal Zone. See 40 USC 3706
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.