|§ 5||Incestuous and Void Marriages|
|§ 6||Void Marriages|
|§ 7||Voidable Marriages|
|§ 8||Marriage After Divorce|
Terms Used In New York Laws > Domestic Relations > Article 2
- Commissioner: means the commissioner of the office of alcoholism and substance abuse services. See N.Y. Mental Hygiene Law 19.03
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Incapacitated: means that a person, as a result of the use of alcohol and/or substances, is unconscious or has his or her judgment otherwise so impaired that he or she is incapable of realizing and making a rational decision with respect to his or her need for treatment. See N.Y. Mental Hygiene Law 22.09
- Office: means the office of alcoholism and substance abuse services. See N.Y. Mental Hygiene Law 19.03
- Treatment facility: means a facility designated by the commissioner which may only include a general hospital as defined in article twenty-eight of the public health law, or a medically managed or medically supervised withdrawal, inpatient rehabilitation,
or residential stabilization treatment program that has been certified by the commissioner to have appropriate medical staff available on-site at all times to provide emergency services and continued evaluation of capacity of individuals retained under this section. See N.Y. Mental Hygiene Law 22.09