1. A person is guilty of a class A misdemeanor if, knowing that a letter, postal card, or other written private correspondence has not yet been delivered to the person to whom it is directed, and knowing that he does not have the consent of the sender or receiver of the correspondence, he:
Terms Used In North Dakota Code 12.1-15-05
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: includes , where relevant, a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, unincorporated association, or other legal entity. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- written: include "typewriting" and "typewritten" and "printing" and "printed" except in the case of signatures and when the words are used by way of contrast to typewriting and printing. See North Dakota Code 1-01-37
a. Damages or destroys the correspondence with intent to prevent its delivery;
b. Opens or reads sealed correspondence with intent to discover its contents; or
c. Knowing that sealed correspondence has been opened or read in violation of subdivision b, intentionally divulges its contents, in whole or in part, or a summary of any portion thereof.