|§ 12.1-24-01||Forgery or counterfeiting|
|§ 12.1-24-02||Facilitation of counterfeiting|
|§ 12.1-24-03||Deceptive writings|
|§ 12.1-24-05||Making or uttering slugs|
Terms Used In North Dakota Code > Chapter 12.1-24
- Actor: includes , where relevant, a person guilty of an omission. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Forgery: The fraudulent signing or alteration of another's name to an instrument such as a deed, mortgage, or check. The intent of the forgery is to deceive or defraud. Source: OCC
- Government: means :
a. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- Harm: means loss, disadvantage, or injury to the person affected, and includes loss, disadvantage, or injury to any other person in whose welfare the person affected is interested. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- Intangible property: Property that has no intrinsic value, but is merely the evidence of value such as stock certificates, bonds, and promissory notes.
- Legal tender: coins, dollar bills, or other currency issued by a government as official money. Source: U.S. Mint
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Offense: means conduct for which a term of imprisonment or a fine is authorized by statute after conviction. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- paper: means any flexible material upon which it is usual to write. See North Dakota Code 1-01-27
- person: includes , where relevant, a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, unincorporated association, or other legal entity. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- Property: includes property, real and personal. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- Public servant: as used in this title and in any statute outside this title which defines an offense means any officer or employee of government, including law enforcement officers, whether elected or appointed, and any person participating in the performance of a governmental function. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- seal: includes an impression of such seal upon the paper alone as well as upon wax or a wafer affixed thereto. See North Dakota Code 1-01-38
- Signature: includes any name, mark, or sign written or affixed with intent to authenticate any instrument or writing. See North Dakota Code 12.1-01-04
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- subscription: includes "mark" when the person cannot write, the person's name being written near it and written by a person who writes that person's own name as a witness. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- written: include "typewriting" and "typewritten" and "printing" and "printed" except in the case of signatures and when the words are used by way of contrast to typewriting and printing. See North Dakota Code 1-01-37