Terms Used In Ohio Code 4774.02
- Another: when used to designate the owner of property which is the subject of an offense, includes not only natural persons but also every other owner of property. See Ohio Code 1.02
- Person: includes an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, and association. See Ohio Code 1.59
- Physician: means an individual authorized under Chapter 4731. See Ohio Code 4774.01
- Radiologist: means a physician who has successfully completed an approved radiology training program, as specified in the accreditation requirements that must be met to qualify as graduate medical education , as defined in section 4731. See Ohio Code 4774.01
- Radiologist assistant: means an individual who assists a radiologist in the care of radiology patients by engaging in any of the activities authorized under section 4774. See Ohio Code 4774.01
- state: means the state of Ohio. See Ohio Code 1.59
(1) Except as provided in division (B) of this section, no person shall practice as a radiologist assistant unless the person holds a current, valid license to practice as a radiologist assistant issued under this chapter.
(2) No person shall use the title “radiologist assistant” or otherwise hold the person out as a radiologist assistant, unless the person holds a current, valid license to practice as a radiologist assistant issued under this chapter.
(B) Division (A)(1) of this section does not apply to either of the following:
(1) A student participating in an advanced academic program that must be completed to receive a license to practice as a radiologist assistant, as those programs are described in division (B)(3) of section 4774.03 of the Revised Code;
(2) A person who is otherwise authorized to perform any of the activities that a radiologist assistant is authorized to perform, either pursuant to another provision of the Revised Code or pursuant to the rules adopted by the state medical board under section 4731.053 of the Revised Code governing physician delegation of medical tasks.
Amended by 133rd General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 166, §101.01, eff. 10/17/2019.
Effective Date: 2008 SB229 12-11-2008 .