Within ten days after the filing of an appeal bond provided for in section 6117.10 or 6117.11 of the Revised Code, or the making of the entry provided for in section 6117.12 of the Revised Code, the board of county commissioners shall transmit to the probate court the original papers in the proceedings, and a certified transcript of the record of said board of all proceedings in connection therewith. Upon receipt thereof, the probate judge shall forthwith docket the cause, and the appellants shall be designated as the plaintiffs, and the board shall be designated as the defendant.
Terms Used In Ohio Code 6117.13
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Bond: includes an undertaking. See Ohio Code 1.02
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Docket: A log containing brief entries of court proceedings.
- Probate: Proving a will
- Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition.
Effective Date: 10-01-1953 .