At any time after the formation of any county sewer district, the board of county commissioners may enter into a contract, upon the terms and for the period of time that are mutually agreed upon, with any other public agency to prepare all necessary plans and estimates of cost and to acquire or construct any sanitary or drainage facilities or any prevention or replacement facilities that are to be used jointly by the contracting parties, and to provide for the maintenance, operation, and joint use by the contracting parties of those facilities or the maintenance, operation, and joint use of any suitable existing sanitary or drainage facilities or prevention or replacement facilities belonging to either of the contracting parties.
Terms Used In Ohio Code 6117.41
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Drainage facilities: means storm sewers, force mains, pumping stations, and facilities for the treatment, disposal, impoundment, retention, control, or storage of waters; improvements of or for any channel, ditch, drain, floodway, or watercourse, including location, construction, reconstruction, reconditioning, widening, deepening, cleaning, removal of obstructions, straightening, boxing, culverting, tiling, filling, walling, arching, or change in course, location, or terminus; improvements of or for a river, creek, or run, including reinforcement of banks, enclosing, deepening, widening, straightening, removal of obstructions, or change in course, location, or terminus; facilities for the protection of lands from the overflow of water, including a levee, wall, embankment, jetty, dike, dam, sluice, revetment, reservoir, retention or holding basin, control gate, or breakwater; facilities for controlled drainage, regulation of stream flow, and protection of an outlet; the vacation of a ditch or drain; equipment and furnishings; and all required appurtenances and necessary real estate and interests in real estate. See Ohio Code 6117.01
- maintenance: means repairs, replacements, and similar actions that constitute and are payable as current operating expenses and that are required to restore sanitary or drainage facilities or prevention or replacement facilities to, or to continue sanitary or drainage facilities or prevention or replacement facilities in, good order and working condition, but does not include construction of permanent improvements. See Ohio Code 6117.01
- Prevention or replacement facilities: means vegetated swales or median strips, permeable pavement, trees and tree boxes, rain barrels and cisterns, rain gardens and filtration planters, vegetated roofs, wetlands, riparian buffers, and practices and structures that use or mimic natural processes to filter or reuse storm water. See Ohio Code 6117.01
- Public agency: means a state and any agency or subdivision of a state, including a county, a municipal corporation, or other subdivision. See Ohio Code 6117.01
Effective Date: 03-12-2001; 2008 HB562 09-22-2008 .