Terms Used In Rhode Island General Laws > Chapter 6-11.2
- in writing: include printing, engraving, lithographing, and photo-lithographing, and all other representations of words in letters of the usual form. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-16.
- oath: includes affirmation; the word "sworn" includes affirmed; and the word "engaged" includes either sworn or affirmed. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-11.
- person: extends to and includes co-partnerships and bodies corporate and politic. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-6.
- Public property: means property owned and maintained by a municipality, the state, the United States, or any quasi-governmental entity, and shall include, but not be limited to, items associated with public streets and sidewalks as follows:
(1) Manhole covers, or other types of utility access covers including, but not limited to, water maintenance covers;
(2) Highway and street signs;
(3) Street light poles and fixtures;
(4) Guardrails for bridges, highways, and roads;
(5) Historical, commemorative, and memorial markers and plaques; and
(6) Traffic directional and control signs and light signals. See Rhode Island General Laws 6-11.2-2.
- Regulated metals property: means all ferrous and nonferrous metals, including, but not limited to, copper, copper alloy, bronze and aluminum, not including aluminum beverage containers. See Rhode Island General Laws 6-11.2-2.
- Secondary metals recycler: means any person, firm or corporation in the state that is engaged, from a fixed location or otherwise, in the business of paying compensation for regulated metals that has served its original economic purposes, whether or not engaged in the business of performing the manufacturing process by which regulated metals are converted into raw materials products consisting of prepared grades and having an existing or potential economic value. See Rhode Island General Laws 6-11.2-2.
- town: may be construed to include city; the words "town council" include city council; the words "town clerk" include city clerk; the words "ward clerk" include clerk of election district; the words "town treasurer" include city treasurer; and the words "town sergeant" include city sergeant. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-9.
- United States: include the several states and the territories of the United States. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-8.