|§ 33-5-101||Registered office and registered agent|
|§ 33-5-102||Change of registered office or registered agent|
|§ 33-5-103||Resignation of registered agent|
|§ 33-5-104||Service on corporation|
Terms Used In South Carolina Code > Title 33 > Chapter 5 - Office and Agent
- Abuse: means :
(1) physical harm, bodily injury, assault, or the threat of physical harm;
(2) sexual criminal offenses, as otherwise defined by statute, committed against a family or household member by a family or household member. See South Carolina Code 20-4-20
- Clerk of court: An officer appointed by the court to work with the chief judge in overseeing the court's administration, especially to assist in managing the flow of cases through the court and to maintain court records.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Court: means the Family Court. See South Carolina Code 20-4-20
- Household member: means :
(i) a spouse;
(ii) a former spouse;
(iii) persons who have a child in common;
(iv) a male and female who are cohabiting or formerly have cohabited. See South Carolina Code 20-4-20
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Order of protection: means an order of protection issued to protect the petitioner or minor household members from the abuse of another household member where the respondent has received notice of the proceedings and has had an opportunity to be heard. See South Carolina Code 20-4-20
- Petitioner: means the person alleging abuse in a petition for an order of protection. See South Carolina Code 20-4-20
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.