|31D-5-501||Registered office and registered agent|
|31D-5-502||Change of registered office or registered agent|
|31D-5-503||Resignation of registered agent|
|31D-5-504||Service on corporation|
Terms Used In West Virginia Code > Chapter 31D > Article 5 - Office and Agent
- Attorney-in-fact: A person who, acting as an agent, is given written authorization by another person to transact business for him (her) out of court.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- delivery: means any method of delivery used in conventional commercial practice, including, but not limited to, delivery by hand, mail, commercial delivery and electronic transmission. See West Virginia Code 31D-1-150
- domestic corporation: means a corporation for profit, which is not a foreign corporation, incorporated under or subject to the provisions of this chapter. See West Virginia Code 31D-1-150
- Employee: includes an officer and may include a director: Provided, That the director has accepted duties that make him or her also an employee. See West Virginia Code 31D-1-150
- Foreign corporation: means a corporation for profit incorporated under a law other than the laws of this state. See West Virginia Code 31D-1-150
- in writing: include any representation of words, letters or figures, whether by printing, engraving, writing or otherwise. See West Virginia Code 2-2-10
- Individual: includes , but is not limited to, the estate of an incompetent or deceased individual. See West Virginia Code 31D-1-150
- Person: includes , but is not limited to, an individual and an entity. See West Virginia Code 31D-1-150
- Principal office: means the office so designated in the return required pursuant to section three, article twelve-c, chapter eleven of this code where the principal executive offices of a domestic or foreign corporation are located. See West Virginia Code 31D-1-150
- Registered agent: means the agent identified by the corporation pursuant to section five hundred one, article five of this chapter. See West Virginia Code 31D-1-150
- Registered office: means the address of the registered agent for the corporation, as provided in section five hundred one, article five of this chapter. See West Virginia Code 31D-1-150
- Secretary: means the corporate officer to whom the board of directors has delegated responsibility under subsection (c), section eight hundred forty, article eight of this chapter for custody of the minutes of the meetings of the board of directors and the meetings of the shareholders and for authenticating records of the corporation. See West Virginia Code 31D-1-150
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- state: when applied to a part of the United States and not restricted by the context, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories, and the words "United States" also include the said district and territories. See West Virginia Code 2-2-10
- United States: includes , but is not limited to, districts, authorities, bureaus, commissions, departments and any other agency of the United States. See West Virginia Code 31D-1-150