If the charter authorizes dividing the shares into classes or series, the charter may also authorize the election of all or a specified number of directors by the holders of one (1) or more authorized classes or series of shares. Each class (or classes) or series of shares entitled to elect one (1) or more directors is a separate voting group for purposes of the election of directors.
Terms Used In Tennessee Code 48-18-104
- Charter: includes amended and restated charters and articles of merger. See Tennessee Code 48-11-201
- Class: when used with reference to membership interests, means a category of membership interests that differs in one (1) or more rights or preferences from another category of membership interests of the LLC. See Tennessee Code 48-202-101
- Directors: means natural persons, designated in the charter or bylaws or elected or appointed by the incorporators, and their successors and natural persons elected or appointed to act as members of the board, irrespective of the names or titles by which such persons are described. See Tennessee Code 48-51-201
- Series: means a category of membership interests, within a class of membership interests, that have some of the same rights and preferences as other membership interests within the same class, but that differ in one (1) or more rights and preferences from another category of membership interests within that class. See Tennessee Code 48-202-101
- Voting group: means all shares of one (1) or more classes or series that under the charter or Chapters 11 27 of this title are entitled to vote and be counted together collectively on a matter at a meeting of shareholders. See Tennessee Code 48-11-201