(a) The department shall develop and publish an annual plan for each state fiscal year to use the inspection and enforcement resources of the department strategically to ensure public safety and protect agriculture and consumers in this state.
(b) The department shall seek input from stakeholders when developing each annual plan.
Terms Used In Texas Agriculture Code 12A.004
- Department: means the Department of Agriculture. See Texas Agriculture Code 1.003
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Year: means 12 consecutive months. See Texas Government Code 311.005
(c) The department shall collect and maintain information that accurately shows the department’s inspection and enforcement activities. Each annual plan must include a report of the information collected by the department that shows the department’s inspection and enforcement activities over time.
(d) The information described by Subsection (c) must include data regarding violations of statutes or department rules, including:
(1) the number, type, and severity of:
(A) violations the department found to have occurred;
(B) violations the department referred for enforcement to the section of the department responsible for enforcement; and
(C) violations for which the department imposed a penalty or took other enforcement action;
(2) the number of major violations for which the department imposed a penalty or took other enforcement action; and
(3) the number of repeat major violations, categorized by license type, if applicable.
(e) The department shall publish each annual plan on the department’s Internet website not later than July 1 of the year preceding the state fiscal year in which the department implements the plan.