|§ 142.002||Limitation On Liability for Hiring Employee Convicted of Offense|
Terms Used In Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code Chapter 142 - Limitation On Liability for Hiring
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Population: means the population shown by the most recent federal decennial census. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.
- Year: means 12 consecutive months. See Texas Government Code 311.005