(a) In the discretion of a peace officer, the officer may stay with a victim of family violence to protect the victim and allow the victim to take the personal property of the victim or of a child in the care of the victim to a place of safety in an orderly manner.
(b) A peace officer who provides assistance under Subsection (a) of this article is not:
Terms Used In Texas Code of Criminal Procedure 5.045
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Property: means real and personal property. See Texas Government Code 311.005
(1) civilly liable for an act or omission of the officer that arises in connection with providing the assistance or determining whether to provide the assistance; or
(2) civilly or criminally liable for the wrongful appropriation of any personal property by the victim.