|§ 12.001||Prohibited Activities|
|§ 12.002||Unlawful Use of Funds|
|§ 12.003||Disclosure of Information Prohibited|
Terms Used In Texas Human Resources Code Chapter 12 - Penal Provisions
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Justice: when applied to a magistrate, means justice of the peace. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Person: includes corporation, organization, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, and any other legal entity. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Rule: includes regulation. See Texas Government Code 311.005