(a) Unless the project instrument provides for a larger quorum requirement, the percentage of voting interests constituting a quorum at a meeting of the members of an association is 10 percent of the voting interests of owners who are not delinquent in assessments, voting in person or by proxy.
(b) If a quorum is not present at any meeting of the association at which board members will be elected, the meeting may be adjourned and reconvened not later than the 90th day after the date of adjournment for the sole purpose of electing board members. Unless the project instrument provides for a larger quorum requirement, the quorum for the reconvened meeting is 10 percent of the voting interests of owners who are not delinquent in assessments, voting in person or by proxy.
Terms Used In Texas Property Code 221.086
- Association: means a council or association composed of all persons who have purchased a timeshare interest. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Board: means the governing body of a timeshare association designated in a project instrument to act on behalf of the association. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Person: includes corporation, organization, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, and any other legal entity. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Project instrument: means a timeshare instrument or one or more recordable documents, by whatever name denominated, applying to the whole of a timeshare project and containing restrictions or covenants regulating the use, occupancy, or disposition of units in a project, including a declaration for a condominium, association articles of incorporation, association bylaws, and rules for a condominium in which a timeshare plan is created. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
(c) Unless the project instrument provides otherwise, a quorum of the board is considered present throughout a board meeting if the members entitled to cast a majority of the votes are present at the beginning of the meeting.