(a) If only one of the multiple owners of a timeshare interest is present at a meeting of the association, that owner may cast all votes allocated to that timeshare interest. If more than one of the multiple owners are present, the votes allocated to that timeshare interest may be cast only in accordance with the agreement of a majority of the timeshare interest held by the multiple owners unless the timeshare instrument expressly provides otherwise. For purposes of this subsection, there is a majority agreement if any one of the multiple owners casts the votes allocated to that timeshare interest and no protest is made promptly to the person presiding over the meeting by any of the other owners of the timeshare interest.
(b) Votes allocated to a timeshare interest may be cast under a proxy duly executed by an owner. A proxy must expressly state the dates of execution and termination. An owner may only revoke a proxy given under this section by actual notice of revocation to the person presiding over a meeting of the association. A proxy is revoked on presentation of a later dated proxy or other written revocation executed by the same owner. A proxy terminates the 25th month after the date the proxy is executed, unless the proxy specifies a shorter period or states that the proxy is coupled with an interest and is irrevocable.
Terms Used In Texas Property Code 221.087
- Association: means a council or association composed of all persons who have purchased a timeshare interest. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Month: means a calendar month. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Person: includes corporation, organization, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, and any other legal entity. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Project instrument: means a timeshare instrument or one or more recordable documents, by whatever name denominated, applying to the whole of a timeshare project and containing restrictions or covenants regulating the use, occupancy, or disposition of units in a project, including a declaration for a condominium, association articles of incorporation, association bylaws, and rules for a condominium in which a timeshare plan is created. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Timeshare instrument: means a master deed, master lease, declaration, or any other instrument used in the creation of a timeshare plan. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Timeshare interest: means a timeshare estate or timeshare use. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Timeshare plan: means any arrangement, plan, scheme, or similar method, excluding an exchange program but including a membership agreement, sale, lease, deed, license, or right-to-use agreement, by which a purchaser, in exchange for consideration, receives an ownership right in or the right to use accommodations for a period of time less than a year during a given year, but not necessarily consecutive years. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Written: includes any representation of words, letters, symbols, or figures. See Texas Government Code 311.005
(c) The project instrument for a timeshare plan may authorize votes of members of an association to be cast by mail only if:
(1) mail ballots are mailed or sent to each member in the manner prescribed for a notice of a special meeting under Section 221.089;
(2) the period for return of mail ballots is not later than the 30th day after the date the ballots are mailed or sent to members; and
(3) the required minimum number of ballots that must be returned by members for the vote to be effective represents at least the percentage of voting interests required for a quorum as prescribed by Section 221.086(a).
(d) Only timeshare interests included in the timeshare plan have voting rights.
(e) Unless the project instrument provides otherwise, owners who are delinquent in assessments do not have the right to cast a vote. The right to cast a vote is also subject to any additional limitations provided in the project instrument.