|§ 221.041||Purchaser’S Right to Cancel|
|§ 221.042||Notice; Refund|
|§ 221.043||Contract Requirements|
Terms Used In Texas Property Code Chapter 221 > Subchapter E
- Developer: means :
(A) any person, excluding a sales agent, who creates a timeshare plan or is in the business of selling timeshare interests or employs a sales agent to sell timeshare interests; or
(B) any person who succeeds in the developer's interest by sale, lease, assignment, mortgage, or other transfer if the person:
(i) offers at least 12 timeshare interests in a particular timeshare plan; and
(ii) is in the business of selling timeshare interests or employs a sales agent to sell timeshare interests. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Justice: when applied to a magistrate, means justice of the peace. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Managing entity: means the person responsible for operating and maintaining a timeshare property. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Purchaser: means any person, other than a developer, who by means of a voluntary transfer acquires a legal or equitable interest in a timeshare interest other than as a security for an obligation. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- Timeshare disclosure statement: means a written statement that includes the information required by Section Texas Property Code 221.002
- Timeshare interest: means a timeshare estate or timeshare use. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Timeshare plan: means any arrangement, plan, scheme, or similar method, excluding an exchange program but including a membership agreement, sale, lease, deed, license, or right-to-use agreement, by which a purchaser, in exchange for consideration, receives an ownership right in or the right to use accommodations for a period of time less than a year during a given year, but not necessarily consecutive years. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- Timeshare property: means :
(A) one or more accommodations and any related amenities subject to the same timeshare instrument; and
(B) any other property or property rights appurtenant to the accommodations and amenities. See Texas Property Code 221.002
- United States: includes a department, bureau, or other agency of the United States of America. See Texas Government Code 311.005