(a) The board by resolution may impose a monthly charge in an amount not to exceed $21 for each developed or undeveloped lot, tract, or reserve in the district.
(a-1) The board may not increase the monthly charge for a developed or undeveloped lot, tract, or reserve in the district by more than $3 in any calendar year. The board may grant an exemption to an increase in the monthly charge to the owner of a lot, tract, or reserve in the district who:
(1) is 65 years of age or older and who uses the lot, tract, or reserve as a residence; or
(2) has been determined to have a disability by and has written documentation of the disability from the United States Social Security Administration or the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.
Terms Used In Texas Special District Local Laws Code 11001.007
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- United States: includes a department, bureau, or other agency of the United States of America. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Written: includes any representation of words, letters, symbols, or figures. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Year: means 12 consecutive months. See Texas Government Code 311.005
(b) Money received from the monthly charge may be used only for:
(1) constructing, maintaining, or repairing public streets or roadways in the district; or
(2) purchasing equipment necessary to maintain or repair public streets or roadways in the district.
(c) Of the money received under Subsection (a) each fiscal year:
(1) not more than 10 percent may be used for administrative purposes; and
(2) not less than 15 percent shall be used for road maintenance.