|§ 63G-3-301||Rulemaking procedure|
|§ 63G-3-302||Public hearings|
|§ 63G-3-303||Changes in rules|
|§ 63G-3-304||Emergency rulemaking procedure|
|§ 63G-3-305||Agency review of rules — Schedule of filings — Limited exemption for certain rules|
Terms Used In Utah Code > Title 63G > Chapter 3 > Part 3 - Rulemaking Procedures
- Agency: means each state board, authority, commission, institution, department, division, officer, or other state government entity other than the Legislature, its committees, the political subdivisions of the state, or the courts, which is authorized or required by law to make rules, adjudicate, grant or withhold licenses, grant or withhold relief from legal obligations, or perform other similar actions or duties delegated by law. See Utah Code 63G-3-102
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Bulletin: means the Utah State Bulletin. See Utah Code 63G-3-102
- Code: means the body of all effective rules as compiled and organized by the office and entitled "Utah Administrative Code. See Utah Code 63G-3-102
- Department: means the Department of Government Operations created in Section 63A-1-104. See Utah Code 63G-3-102
- Director: means the director of the office. See Utah Code 63G-3-102
- Effective: means operative and enforceable. See Utah Code 63G-3-102
- File: means to submit a document to the office as prescribed by the office. See Utah Code 63G-3-102
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Office: means the Office of Administrative Rules created in Section 63G-3-401. See Utah Code 63G-3-102
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Person: means any individual, partnership, corporation, association, governmental entity, or public or private organization of any character other than an agency. See Utah Code 63G-3-102
- Publication date: means the inscribed date of the bulletin. See Utah Code 63G-3-102
- publish: means making a rule available to the public by including the rule or a summary of the rule in the bulletin. See Utah Code 63G-3-102
- Rule: includes the amendment or repeal of an existing rule. See Utah Code 63G-3-102
- Rule analysis: means the format prescribed by the office to summarize and analyze rules. See Utah Code 63G-3-102
- Small business: means a business employing fewer than 50 persons. See Utah Code 63G-3-102
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes a state, district, or territory of the United States. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Writing: includes :Utah Code 68-3-12.5