|§ 1181a||Engineer interns|
|§ 1182a||Licensing standards|
|§ 1182b||License and specialty disciplines|
|§ 1183||License renewal|
Terms Used In Vermont Statutes > Title 26 > Chapter 20 > Subchapter 3
- biennially: shall mean the year in which a regular session of the General Assembly is held. See
- Board: means the Board of Professional Engineering. See
- Business association: means any corporation, joint stock company, investment company, business trust, partnership, unincorporated association, joint venture, limited liability company, trust company, safe deposit company, financial organization, insurance company, mutual fund, utility, or other business entity consisting of one or more persons, whether or not for profit. See
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Escheat: Reversion of real or personal property to the state when 1) a person dies without leaving a will and has no heirs, or 2) when the property (such as a bank account) has been inactive for a certain period of time. Source: OCC
- Fees: shall mean earnings due for official services, aside from salaries or per diem compensation. See
- Financial organization: means any savings and loan association, savings bank, bank, banking organization, or credit union. See
- following: when used by way of reference to a section of the law shall mean the next preceding or following section. See
- Holder: means a person obligated to hold for the account of, or deliver or pay to, the owner property that is subject to this chapter. See
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Instruments of service: means project deliverables, such as reports, specifications, drawings, plans, construction documents, or engineering surveys, that have been prepared under the licensee's responsible charge. See
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Oath: shall include affirmation where by law an affirmation may be substituted. See
- Owner: means a person, or the person's legal representative, who has a legal or equitable interest in property subject to this chapter. See
- Person: means an individual, business association, financial organization, estate, trust, government, governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality, or any other legal or commercial entity. See
- Person: shall include any natural person, corporation, municipality, the State of Vermont or any department, agency, or subdivision of the State, and any partnership, unincorporated association, or other legal entity. See
- Professional engineer: means a person licensed under this chapter. See
- Professional engineering: means any service or creative work, the adequate performance of which requires engineering education, training, and experience in the application of special knowledge of the mathematical, physical, and engineering sciences and the principles and methods of engineering analysis and design acquired by engineering education and engineering experience, insofar as the service or work involves safeguarding life, health, or property. See
- Property: means tangible property described in section 1243 of this title or a fixed and certain interest in intangible property that is held, issued, or owed in the course of a holder's business, or by a government, governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality, and all income or increments therefrom. See
- Record: means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form. See
- seal: shall include an impression of the official seal made upon paper alone or by means of a wafer or wax affixed thereto. See
- Specialty discipline: means that area of professional engineering recognized by the Board as the area of expertise and practice for which a license is granted. See
- State: means a state of the United States of America, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States of America. See
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- sworn: shall include affirmed. See
- Treasurer: means the treasurer of the state of Vermont or a designee of the treasurer. See